• P. Boehner and M.F. Laughlin (eds), Works of Saint Bonaventure, 15 vols (Saint Bonaventure NY: 1955-2010).
• J.G. Bougerol, Introduction to the Works of Bonaventure (New York: 1964).
• C.M. Cullen, Bonaventure (Oxford: 2006).
• E. Gilson, The Christian Philosophy of St. Bonaventure, trans. D.I. Trethowan and F.J. Sheed (London: 1940).
• J.M. Hammond, J.A. Wayne Hellmann, and J. Goff (eds), A Companion to Bonaventure (Leiden: 2014).
• C.L. Löwe, "Bonaventure on the Soul and its Powers," Vivarium 59 (2021), 10-32.
• A. Speer, “Bonaventure and the Question of a Medieval Philosophy,” Medieval Philosophy and Theology 6 (1997), 25-46.
• A. Speer, “Illumination and Certitude: The Foundation of Knowledge in Bonaventure,” American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly 85 (2011), 127-41.
Stanford Encyclopedia: Bonaventure
What happened to Hadejwich
What happened to Hadejwich and Mechtilde?
Hadewijch and Mechtild
Funny you ask, that's the episode I'm working on now (hoping to write the script tomorrow, I have done the research already). I thought I would put them in between the Franciscans and Dominicans, kind of as a break from all the scholasticism. They will be episode 237, which will come right after the summer break so I'm afraid it will be a couple of months yet.
Add new comment