118. African Survivals: Abdias do Nascimento
Abdias do Nascimento, a leader in Brazilian theater and politics, and his theory of Quilombismo.
• A. do Nascimento, "Quilombismo: An Afro-Brazilian Political Alternative," Journal of Black Studies 11 (1980), 141-78.
• A. do Nascimento, Brazil: Mixture or Massacre? Essays in the Genocide of a Black People, 2nd ed., trans. E. Larkin Nascimento (Dover: 1989).
• A. do Nascimento and E. Larkin Nascimento, Africans in Brazil: A Pan-African Perspective (Trenton: 1992).
• M.K. Asante, "The Remarkable Curvature of the Mind of Abdias do Nascimento," Journal of Black Studies 52 (2021), 577-87.
• E. Larkin Nascimento, "The Ram's Horns: Reflections on the Legacy of Abdias Nascimento," Journal of Black Studies 52 (2021), 588-601.