416. God’s is the Quarrel: the English Reformation
The historical context of English philosophy in the sixteenth century, with particular focus on Thomas Cranmer, and the role of religion in personal conscience and social cohesion.
• J. Dean (ed.), God Truly Worshipped: Thomas Cranmer and his Writings (Norwich: 2012).
• P. Collinson, The Elizabethan Puritan Movement (London: 1967).
• P. Lake, Anglicans and Puritans? Presbyterianism and English Conformist Thought from Whitgift to Hooker (London: 1988).
• D. MacCullough, Thomas Cranmer (New Haven: 1996).
• B. R. White, The English Separatist Tradition (Oxford: 1971).
• R.S. Werrell, The Roots of William Tyndale’s Theology (Cambridge: 2013).
• A. Wood, Faith, Hope and Charity: English Neighborhoods 1500-1640 (Cambridge: 2020).
• D.F. Wright, Martin Bucer: Reforming Church and Community (Cambridge: 1994).