116. Olúfẹ́mi Táíwò and Olúfẹ́mi Táíwò on Cabral
Two scholars of the same name join us to shed further light on freedom fighter and political theorist Amílcar Cabral.
O. Táíwò (from Cornell)
• “Amilcar Cabral: a Philosophical Profile,” in E.A. Hoppe and T. Nicholls (eds), Fanon and the Decolonization of Philosophy (Lanham: 2010), 197-210.
• “Post-Independence African Political Philosophy,” in K. Wiredu (ed.), Companion to African Philosophy (Oxford: 2004).
• How Colonialism Preempted Modernity in Africa (Bloomington: 2010).
O. Táíwò (from Georgetown)
• “Civility as Self-Determination”, Philosophy East and West, October 2020
• “States Are Not Basic Structures: Against State-Centric Political Theory” Philosophical Papers, May 2019.
• “The Empire Has No Clothes,” Disputatio, October 2018.