235. Juhana Toivanen on Animals in Medieval Philosophy
Medieval ideas about what animals do and do not have in common with humans, and how we should treat them.
• J. Toivanen, “Peter Olivi on Internal Senses,” British Journal for the History of Philosophy 15 (2007), 427-54.
• J. Toivanen, “Peter of John Olivi on the Psychology of Animal Action,”Journal of the History of Philosophy 49 (2011), 413-38.
• J. Toivanen, Perception and the Internal Senses: Peter of John Olivi on the Cognitive Functions of the Sensitive Soul (Leiden: 2013).
• J. Toivanen, “Animals in Medieval Philosophy,” in P. Adamson (ed.) Animals (Oxford: forthcoming).