117. Spear of the Nation: Nelson Mandela and the ANC
The career and ideas of Nelson Mandela up to the time of his imprisonment, in the context of the founding of the African National Congress.
• N. Mandela, The Struggle is My Life, ed. International Defence & Aid Fund for Southern Africa (London: 1978).
• N. Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela (Boston: 1994).
• A. Sampson, Mandela: The Authorised Biography (London: 1999).
• M. Benson, South Africa: The Struggle for a Birthright (London: 1966).
• H. Holland, The Struggle: A History of the African National Congress (New York: 1990).
• P. Limb, The ANC's Early Years: Nation, Class and Place in South Africa Before 1940 (Pretoria: 2010).
• N. Masilela, An Outline of the New African Movement in South Africa (Trenton: 2013).
• F. Meli, South Africa Belongs to Us: A History of the ANC (Harare: 1988).
• M.P. More, "Albert Luthuli, Steve Biko, and Nelson Mandela: The Philosophical Basis of Their Thought and Practice," in in K. Wiredu (ed.), A Companion to African Philosophy (Malden: 2004), 207-215.
• P. Walshe, The Rise of African Nationalism in South Africa: The African National Congress 1912-1952 (London: 1970).