230. A Light That Never Goes Out: Robert Grosseteste
Translator, scientist and theologian Robert Grosseteste sheds light on the cosmos, human understanding, and the rainbow.
• C.C. Riedl, Robert Grosseteste: On Light (Milwaukee: 1942). [A more recent translation based on an improved edition is available in the Flood et al. volume listed below]
• A.C. Crombie, Robert Grosseteste and the Origins of Experimental Science (Oxford: 1953).
• J. Flood, J.R. Ginther, and J.W. Goering (eds), Robert Grosseteste and his Intellectual Milieu: New Editions and Studies (Toronto: 2013).
• J. McEvoy, The Philosophy of Robert Grosseteste (Oxford: 1982).
• J. McEvoy (ed.), Robert Grosseteste: New Perspectives on his Thought and Scholarship (Dordrecht: 1995),
• J. McEvoy, Robert Grosseteste (New York: 2000).
• S. Oliver, “Robert Grosseteste on Light, Truth, and Experimentation,” Vivarium 42 (2004), 151-80.
• N. Polloni, "Robert Grosseteste on Motion, Bodies, and Light," British Journal for the History of Philosophy (2021).
• R. Southern, Robert Grosseteste: The Growth of an English Mind in Medieval Europe (Oxford: 1986).
The "Ordered Universe" project devoted to the study of Grosseteste.