241. The Shadow Knows: Albert the Great's Metaphysics
Albert the Great’s theory of being and his attempt to explain what changes in the human mind when we come to see God in the afterlife.
• T. Bonin, Creation as Emanation: The Origin of Diversity in Albert the Great’s On the Causes and the Procession of the Universe (Notre Dame: 2001).
• J. Hergan, St. Albert the Great’s Theory of the Beatific Vision (New York: 2002)
• K. Krause, “Albert and Aquinas on the Ultimate End of Humans: Philosophy, Theology, and Beatitude,” Proceedings of the American Catholic Philosophical Association 86 (2012), 213-29.
• I.M Resnick (ed.), A Companion to Albert the Great (Leiden: 2013).
• L. Sweeney, “The Meaning of Esse in Albert the Great’s Texts on Creation in the Summa de Creaturis and Scripta Super Sententias,” in F. Kovach and R. Shahan (eds), Albert the Great: Commemorative Essays (Norman: 1980), 65-95.
Thanks to Katja Krause for her advice on this episode!