26. Francis Clooney on Vedanta
Francis Clooney joins us to discuss the religious and philosophical aspects of Vedānta.
• F.X. Clooney, “Why the Veda Has No Author: Language as Ritual in Early Mīmāṃsā and Post-Modern Theology,” Journal of the American Academy of Religion 55 (1987), 659-84.
• F.X. Clooney, Thinking Ritually: Rediscovering the Pūrva Mīmāṃsā of Jaimini (Vienna: 1990).
• F.X. Clooney, “Binding the Text: Vedānta as Philosophy and Commentary,” in J.R. Timm (ed.), Texts in Context: Traditional Hermeneutics in South Asia (Albany: 1991), 47–68.
• F.X. Clooney, Theology after Vedanta: An Experiment in Comparative Theology (Albany: 1993).
• F.X. Clooney, Comparative Theology: Deep Learning across Religious Borders (Malden: 2010).
• F.X. Clooney, His Hiding Place Is Darkness: A Hindu-Catholic Theopoetics of Divine Absence (Stanford: 2013).