91 - James Wilberding on Nature and Neoplatonism
James Wilberding joins Peter to show that contrary to what is often claimed, Neoplatonists did make contributions to the philosophy of nature. Topics include Plotinus on the cosmos and Porphyry on embryology.
• J. Wilberding, "'Creeping Spatiality' in Plotinus," Phronesis 50 (2005), 315-34.
• J. Wilberding, Plotinus' Cosmology (Oxford: 2006).
• J. Wilberding, "Porphyry and Plotinus on the Seed," Phronesis 53 (2008), 406-32.
• J. Wilberding, Porphyry. To Gaurus on How Embryos are Ensouled and on What is in Our Power (Bristol: 2011).
• J. Wilberding, "Intelligible Kinds and Natural Kinds in Plotinus," Études platoniciennes VIII (2011), 53-73.
• J. Wilberding and C. Horn (eds), Neoplatonism and the Philosophy of Nature (Oxford: 2012).
• L.P. Gerson and J. Wilberding (eds), The New Cambridge Companion to Plotinus (Cambridge: 2022).