92. Half the World: Claudia Jones
Claudia Jones argues that Communism provides the remedy for racism and imperialism.
• C. Boyce Davies (ed.), Claudia Jones: Beyond Containment. Autobiographical Reflections, Essays and Poems (Oxford: 2011).
• C. Boyce Davies, Left of Karl Marx: the Political Life of Black Communist Claudia Jones (Durham: 2007).
• C. Burden-Stelly, “Claudia Jones, the Longue Durée of McCarthyism, and the Threat of US Fascism,” Journal of Intersectionality 3 (2019), 46-66.
• C. Higashida, Black Internationalist Feminism: Women Writers of the Black Left, 1945-1995 (Urbana: 2011).
• Z. Liu, “Decolonization Is Not a Dinner Party: Claudia Jones, China’s Nuclear Weapons, and Anti-Imperialist Solidarity,” Journal of Intersectionality 3 (2019), 21-45. [This journal issue is devoted entirely to Jones]
• D. Lynn, “Socialist Feminism and Triple Oppression: Claudia Jones and African American Women in American Communism,” Journal for the Study of Radicalism 8 (2014), 1-20.
• V. Rasberry, Race and the Totalitarian Century: Geopolitics in the Black Literary Imagination (Cambridge MA: 2016).
• M. Sherwood, Claudia Jones: a Life in Exile (London: 1999).