91 - James Wilberding on Nature and Neoplatonism
James Wilberding joins Peter to show that contrary to what is often claimed, Neoplatonists did make contributions to the philosophy of nature. Topics include Plotinus on the cosmos and Porphyry on embryology.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
• J. Wilberding, "'Creeping Spatiality' in Plotinus," Phronesis 50 (2005), 315-34.
• J. Wilberding, Plotinus' Cosmology (Oxford: 2006).
• J. Wilberding, "Porphyry and Plotinus on the Seed," Phronesis 53 (2008), 406-32.
• J. Wilberding, Porphyry. To Gaurus on How Embryos are Ensouled and on What is in Our Power (Bristol: 2011).
• J. Wilberding, "Intelligible Kinds and Natural Kinds in Plotinus," Études platoniciennes VIII (2011), 53-73.
• J. Wilberding and C. Horn (eds), Neoplatonism and the Philosophy of Nature (Oxford: 2012).