89 - On the Horizon: Plotinus on Soul
For Plotinus, Soul is on the border between the physical and intelligible realms. Can he convince us to identify ourselves with its highest part?
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
• H. Blumenthal, Plotinus’ Psychology (The Hague: 1971).
• R. Chiaradonna (ed.), Studi sull’anima in Plotino (Naples: 2005).
• E.K. Emilsson, “Plotinus on Soul-Body Dualism,” in S. Everson (ed), Psychology: Companions to Ancient Thought (Cambridge: 1991).
• P. Kalligas, “Forms of Individuals in Plotinus: a Re-Examination,” Phronesis 42 (1997), 206-27.
• P. Remes, Plotinus on Self: The Philosophy of the “We” (Cambridge: 2007).
• S.K. Strange, “Plotinus on the Nature of Eternity and Time,” in Aristotle in Late Antiquity (Washington: 1994), 21-53.