114 - Sarah Byers on Augustine's Ethics
Peter speaks with Sarah Byers about the Stoic influence on Augustine's ethics and theory of action.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
• S. Byers, Perception, Sensibility, and Moral Motivation in Augustine (Cambridge: 2012).
• S. Byers, "The Psychology of Compassion: A Reading of City of God 9.5" in The Cambridge Critical Guide to the City of God (Cambridge: 2012).
• S. Byers, "Augustine and the Philosophers," Blackwell Companion to Augustine, ed. M. Vessey (London: 2012).
• S. Byers, “The Meaning of Voluntas in Augustine,” Augustinian Studies 37 (2006), 171-89.
• S. Byers, “Augustine and the Cognitive Cause of Stoic ‘Preliminary Passions’ (Propatheiai),” Journal of the History of Philosophy 41 (2003), 433-48.