78 - Middle Men: the Platonic Revival
Pioneering thinkers Eudorus, Alcinous, and Numenius fuse Pythagoreanism with Platonism and pave the way for Plotinus.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
• G. Boys-Stones, Post-Hellenistic Philosophy (Oxford: 2001).
• J. Dillon, The Middle Platonists: 80 B.C. to A.D. 220 (Ithaca: 1977, 2nd ed. 1996).
• J. Dillon (trans.), Alcinous: The Handbook of Platonism (Oxford: 1993).
• G. Karamanolis, Plato and Aristotle in Agreement? (Oxford: 2005).
• R.W. Sharples and R. Sorabji (eds), Greek & Roman Philosophy 100 BC-200 AD, 2 vols (London: 2007).
• H. Tarrant, Thrasyllan Platonism (Ithaca: 1993).