77 - Caesarian Section: Philosophy in the Roman Empire
Peter introduces philosophy in late antiquity, when Aristotelianism and Platonism made a comeback, and pagan philosophy developed alongside Judaism and Christianity.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
• G. Boys-Stones, Post-Hellenistic Philosophy (Oxford: 2001).
• H. Dörrie and M. Baltes, Der Platonismus in der Antike (Stuttgart: 1996-).
• M. Edwards and S. Swain, Approaching Late Antiquity (Oxford: 2004).
• L. Gerson (ed.), The Cambridge History of Philosophy in Late Antiquity, 2 vols (Cambridge: 2010).
• A. Smith, Philosophy in Late Antiquity (London: 2004).