43 - Classified Information: Aristotle's Biology
Aristotle’s scientific outlook is perhaps best displayed in his zoology. Peter looks at his theories of inheritance, spontaneous generation, and the eternity of animal species.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
• D. Devereux and P. Pellegrin (eds), Biologie, logique et métaphysique chez Aristote (Paris: 1990).
• A. Gotthelf and J.G. Lennox (eds), Philosophical Issues in Aristotle’s Biology (Cambridge: 1987).
• D. Henry, “Aristotle on the Mechanism of Inheritance,” Journal of the History of Biology 39 (2006), 425–455.
• J.G. Lennox, Aristotle’s Philosophy of Biology (Cambridge: 2001).
• G.E.R. Lloyd, Aristotelian Explorations (Cambridge: 1996).
• Devin Henry’s website with several papers on Aristotle’s biology: