101 - Father Figures: Introduction to Ancient Christian Philosophy
Peter surveys Christian philosophy in the Roman empire, looking ahead to major figures like Origen and Augustine.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
• H. Bettenson, The Early Christian Church Fathers (Oxford: 1956).
• H. Bettenson, The Later Christian Church Fathers (Oxford: 1970).
• H. Chadwick, Early Christian Thought and the Classical Tradition: Studies in Justin, Clement and Origen (Oxford: 1966).
• B.D. Ehrman and A.S. Jacobs, Christianity in Late Antiquity 300-450 CE: a Reader (Oxford: 2004).
• G. Evans, The First Christian Theologians (Oxford: 2004).
• W.H.C. Friend, The Early Church (London: 1965).
• M. Ludlow, The Early Church (London: 2009).
• H.A. Wolfson, The Philosophy of the Church Fathers (1970).