95 - Anne Sheppard on Ancient Aesthetics
Anne Sheppard discusses ancient aesthetics, touching on poetry, visual art and music in thinkers from Plato to Proclus.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
• A. Sheppard, Studies on the 5th and 6th Essays of Proclus' Commentary on the Republic (Göttingen: 1980).
• A. Sheppard, Aesthetics. An Introduction to the Philosophy of Art (Oxford: 1987).
• A. Sheppard, "Phantasia and Inspiration in Neoplatonism," in M. Joyal (ed.), Studies in Plato and the Platonic Tradition (Leiden: 1997), 201-10.
• A. Sheppard, "The Mirror of Imagination: the Influence of Timaeus 70e ff.," in A. Sheppard and R.W. Sharples (eds), Ancient Approaches to Plato's Timaeus (London: 2003), 203-12.
• A. Sheppard and O. Bychkov, Greek and Roman Aesthetics (Cambridge: 2010).