85 - Sky Writing: Astronomy, Astrology, and Philosophy
Ptolemy uses philosophy in the service of studying the stars, while philosophers of all persuasions evaluate the widespread practice of astrology.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
• P. Adamson, “Plotinus on Astrology,” Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy 35 (2008), 265-91.
• L. Bouché-Leclercq, L’astrologie grecque (Paris: 1899).
• T. Barton, Ancient Astrology (London: Routledge, 1994).
• A.A. Long, “Astrology: Arguments Pro and Contra,” in Science and Speculation: Studies in Hellenistic Theory and Practice, ed. J. Barnes et al (Cambridge: 1982), 165-92.
• O. Neugebauer, Astronomy and History: Selected Essays (New York: Springer-Verlag, 1983).