40 - Let's Get Physical: Aristotle's Natural Philosophy
Before Isaac Newton (and Olivia Newton John), there was Aristotle. Peter looks at his Physics, focusing on the notions of actuality and potentiality and how they help to explain such concepts as time and motion.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
• D. Bostock, Space, Time, Matter and Form (Oxford: 2006).
• U. Coope, Time for Aristotle (Oxford: 2005).
• L. Judson (ed.), Aristotle’s Physics: A Collection of Essays (Oxford: 1991).
• B. Morison, On Location: Aristotle's Concept of Space (Oxford: 2002).
• F. Solmsen, Aristotle’s System of the Physical World (Ithaca, NY: 1960).
• S. Waterlow, Nature, Change, and Agency in Aristotle’s Physics (Oxford: 1982).